Happy Thanksgiving Weekend!
Crecer nos queria ser adultos, porque ellos hicieron todas las reglas.
Como adultos nos domos cuenta que no que facil ser adulto, mierda sale de la nada y le derriba en el culo-cuando menos te lo esperas. LP
La unica manera de tener un amigo verdadero es convertirte en uno.
Well if you’ve been following me, then you know three things about me, and they are as follows:
- I’m very Vain!-What can I say, I care about the way I look and looking good is very high on my list. Therefore, I try very hard to maintain an exercise regime, along with eating right and doing anything and everything that needs to be done in order to keep the weight I’ve lost off.
- I am a crazy (in a fun way) Lesbian who is both a mom (1 lovely and spoiled son Steven and a great wife, Joanne, who spoils me terribly.)
- I am a writer who took the leap and published one book and have at least 10 first drafts on books that I have not completed. You know how that goes when one loves what they do and ideas come into play and you get them down before you forget.
- Then another idea comes to mind and bam, there you are typing away again. Life gets in the way and you never seem to find the time to get back to you what you began. It doesn’t mean that story has died, it’s just that you don’t have the strength to see them through. Or maybe you enjoy having that one thing that is just yours, and yours alone.
Getting back to business here, I was going through my emails today and I came across this lovely find that I just had to share with you guys. High-Protein Shrimp Burrito Bowl, now I’ve tried to understand the difference between vegan and vegetarian but there are so many different answers for vegans that I’ve thrown my hands up and developed my own definition for vegans.
With that said, I’ve taken certain meats out of my diet, and now I eat only small amounts of chicken and turkey. But I consume a lot of fish,tuna, salmon, shrimp and crabs or crab meat. Which is why when I received this email with the recipe for High-Protein Shrimp Burrito Bowl from MyFitnessPal, that I did a happy dance, so without further ado, I give you the recipe. Just look at it, doesn’t it look delicious?
High-Protein Shrimp Burrito Bowl
For the cilantro black beans and rice
- 3/4 cup (135 grams) uncooked long-grain brown rice (certified gluten-free if necessary)
- 1 1/2 cups (355 grams) water
- 1 (15.5-ounce or 420 grams) can black beans, rinsed and drained (certified gluten-free if necessary)
- 1/4 teaspoon grated lime zest
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1/4 cup (5 grams) chopped fresh cilantro
For the burrito bowl
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 1 medium (55 grams) onion, sliced
- 2 medium (240 grams) bell peppers, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 pound (455 grams) medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 cups (95 grams) loosely packed chopped romaine lettuce
- 1 medium (125 grams) tomato, seeded and chopped
- 1 medium (150 grams) ripe avocado, diced
Prepare cilantro black beans and rice. Combine rice and water in a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil over high heat; reduce heat to low and simmer, covered, for 35–40 minutes, or until tender. Stir in black beans; cook 2–3 minutes until heated through. Stir in lime zest, lime juice and cilantro. Set aside and keep warm.
While rice cooks, heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat, swirling to coat. Add onion, bell peppers, garlic, cumin and salt. Cook 3 minutes, covered and stirring occasionally, until vegetables are tender. Stir in shrimp; cook 2–3 minutes, stirring often.
Place 1 cup rice and bean mixture in each of 4 bowls. Top each with 1 1/4 cups shrimp and vegetable mixture. Top each serving evenly with romaine, tomato and avocado.
Serves: 4 | Serving Size: 1 cup beans and rice + 1 1/4 cups shrimp and vegetables + 1/2 cup lettuce + 1/3 cup chopped tomato + 1/4 cup avocado
Per serving: Calories: 450; Total Fat: 9g; Saturated Fat: 1g; Monounsaturated Fat: 5g; Cholesterol: 172mg; Sodium: 452mg; Carbohydrate: 56g; Dietary Fiber: 13g; Sugar: 4g; Protein: 34g
Nutrition Bonus: Potassium: 994mg; Iron: 31%; Vitamin A: 83%; Vitamin C: 139%; Calcium: 14%
I myself am not a rice person per say, I do enjoy fried rice-so if there is anyone who has a great low fat recipe for shrimp fried rice, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org. I hope you enjoy this recipe, I will keep them coming…LP
Source: MyFitnessPal (please see the above link for the web address).
I say BRAVO YOUTUBE!
I tend to watch comedies because there’s already a substantial amount of drama and action in my life and I desperately need the comedy to round it out. My husband likes history too, so we’ve been watching this ridiculous comedy on Hulu called Quickdraw. Despite paying actual currency for a Hulu Plus membership, you’re still subjected to watching a slew of ads – usually 3 at a time. I typically spend that time wondering what the heck I’m really paying for anyway.
View original post 1,393 more words
Barack Obama was a state senator in Illinois when, 15 years ago today, terrorists flew planes into the World Trade Center and Pentagon, changing the world as we know it. Amid the wave of racial clashes and terrorist attacks in the US and abroad during his two terms, Obama has had to address countless grieving…